‘Management’ means The Signal Box Centre Trustees/Management
‘Hirer’ means any person making a booking at The Signal Box
‘The Signal Box’ means The Signal Box Community Centre
‘Children’ refers to those under 18 years old
The Signal Box rooms are available for hire, together or separately, for any lawful purpose. The room(s) hired must only be for the purpose(s) stated on the booking form or in correspondence with management.
The Signal Box operating hours are 8am to 9.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9.am to
9.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
Terms of hire
- The hirer shall enter the building only at the times agreed
- All music (live or recorded) shall cease at 9pm.
- Children are not allowed in the kitchen.
- Smoke machines, portable heaters, generators, or power machinery must not be used.
- All rubbish to be bagged and put in the external bin store (code C09876)
- Recycling to be bagged and put in the correct bin in the eternal bin store
- A fee of £25 will be added to the bill if cleaning is required after your booking.
- Rooms and furniture shall be left as they were found
- No smoking in the Signal Box or within 3 metres of the building.
- If groups wish to use their own electronic equipment, they may need to provide a current test certificate
- The Signal Box will not be licensed for the sale of alcohol at any time.
- There is no car parking on site, the nearest parking is metered at a reasonable rate around 100 yards away. Drop-off parking at the centre is possible, space permitting.
- Maximum numbers allowed standing: Great Western Room 50; Eastern Room 25.
- The Signal Box must not be left unattended at any time. The hirer must be the last one out before locking up the property and returning key to key safe.
- The hirer shall ensure that all participants enter & exit the building quickly and quietly to minimise any disruption to residents.
Insurance and liabilities
- All hirers are strongly advised to have their own legal liability insurance, such as Employers Liability; third Party Liability etc.
- Management does not accept liability for loss or damage to property, or for personal injury unless caused by negligence of management.
- Any damage, breakage, removal or theft to The Signal Box premises or property shall be charged to the hirer at replacement cost.
- Management reserves the right to terminate a hire with immediate effect in the event of drug or alcohol misuse.
- Licenses/permissions for music; theatre; dance; film (performance or reproduction)
are the responsibility of the hirer. Management may require the production of relevant licenses.
- Anything over and above these terms must be agreed with management in writing. The hirer may be required to produce a paper copy of this at the time of hire.
- Hirers must be aged 18 or over
- Hirers, or their representatives by prior agreement, must be present for the entire session. Participants will be refused entry if the hirer is not present.
- All hire is subject to the Terms and Conditions in this document. Hirers must sign acceptance of these prior to hiring
- Hirers must be aware of, and responsible for, any guests consuming alcohol.
- The hirer shall ensure that:
- All fire exits are kept clear
- All fire doors remain closed.
- No fire equipment shall be tampered with or moved from its place, except in the case of fire.
- Costs incurred due to misuse of fire equipment shall be charged to the hirer in full.
- The hirer shall not use: or allow any items to be used on the premises which involve a naked flame, such as candles or incense sticks.
- Any costs incurred by the hirer’s failure to with comply with fire safety shall be borne by the Hirer.
- No request for hire shall displace an existing booking.
- Where a booking is made by an organisation or group, two people to be named as the responsible hirers.
- 15-30 minutes is allowed either side of the booking for set up and tidy away, on occasion this period will be shared with the adjacent booking.
- Hirers using the kitchen to prepare food to sell must comply with food hygiene regulations.
- The Signal Box Management has the final say in the category of hire.
- For regular bookings, a monthly invoice will be issued with electronic payment due no later than 7 days after the month end.
- For one-off bookings, an invoice will be issued shortly after the event with electronic payment due within 7 days.
- For certain events, as specified by The Signal Box Management, a deposit of £100 may be
The deposit shall be refunded after the event once The Signal Box management is satisfied that no damage or loss of property has occurred.
- The Signal Box Management may cancel a booking on the day because of events beyond its control – such as fire, flood, power failure, severe weather incident, civil disturbance or public health issue.
- Any deposit already paid will be refunded in full for hiring’s cancelled by The Signal Box
However, The Signal Box Management shall not be liable to make any further
payment to the hirer in respect of expenses, costs or losses incurred directly or indirect directly by
the hirer in relation to a cancellation.
- Hirer’s cancellation of an event with less than three weeks’ notice will normally be charged up
to 50% of the hire charge.
- Hirers will be liable for the full charge for any bookings cancelled with less than seven days